As discussed in earlier blog post you may have already activated Family Sharing for your account you may be the Family Organiser or Family member of your family sharing group. But you may be wondering why content is not automatically start downloading from iTunes once you are part of the family sharing or am I doing something wrong.
Actually here is a tweak what may you have to do before you are ready to download the content.
I assume you are on your Mac with latest OSX Operating System installed.
Now do following steps to access the shared content:
- Open iTunes App from Applications folder or from dock iTunes shortcut
- Under ‘Your Account Name’ dropdown choose ‘Family Purchases’
- Near Purchased Title at left side you will have toggle dropdown to choose family member’s name currently added to your family sharing. After choosing respective name you can toggle between Music, Films, Apps at right side tabs & download respective choice of the content. If downloads are available from selected member you will get ‘Download All’ button at right hand bottom side in iTunes’s current window after clicking it all selected content will get physically downloaded to your iTunes folder.
- After download completes you will have your family member’s shared content in your iTunes library that you want to sync to your iOS device such as iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to start using it.
- You may want to repeat this steps again to recheck newly purchased content available from every family sharing group member.
Hope it helps,
Thanks & Regards