If you are getting following Error: ‘Your payment method was declined. Please enter valid payment method information.’
I contacted Apple iTunes Support on their Support page, Here is what answered I received from them.
Short Answer & Quick Solution is that: If your debit or credit card doesn’t work with iTunes Store use ‘iTunes or App Store Gift Cards’ to make purchases online with iTunes & App Store to bypass credit card errors. (Only if iTunes & App Store Gift Cards are available in your country.)
Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support.
I’m sorry to know that you have been getting error message as “Your credit card was declined” when you are trying to update your debit card. I know how eager you are to update your credit card. I am happy to assist you regarding this.
The iTunes Store has been unable to verify an authorization from your financial institution. There are several possible reasons for this:
1) Your financial institution’s servers have been busy. Consider trying again at another time.
2) There is an issue with your card. Consider using a different card or contacting your financial institution to advise them of the problem.
3) Your billing name or address does not match the address listed on your credit card statement. Any discrepancy in punctuation, abbreviation, or capitalization can cause errors, which might prevent you from purchasing from the iTunes Store. If you moved, or if your zip code changed recently, ask your financial institution to make sure their records are up to date and match exactly what you are entering as your billing information. For more information, visit:
iTunes Store: My credit card’s security code or zip code does not match my bank’s records
Please follow these steps to confirm or update your account information:
1) Go to Apple’s My Info page: http://appleid.apple.com
2) Choose your country and preferred language from the pop-up menus.
3) Enter your iTunes Store account name and password and then click Log In (or Continue).
4) At the My Info Welcome page, click Address Book on the left. Confirm or edit your information.
5) Click Phone Numbers on the left. Make sure the area codes and phone numbers are entered correctly in their respective fields.
6) Click Save Changes.
Try placing an order on the iTunes Store. If the iTunes Store still cannot obtain an authorization for your card, you won’t be able to make purchases at the iTunes Store with that particular card. You can use a different card or any other payment method that is available in your country.
iTunes Gift Cards are another option. They are available in several denominations at various retailers in your area. They are also available at any Apple Store location, including the Apple Store online:
Apple Store locations
Apple Store online
iTunes Store Customer Support
So, Use ‘iTunes Gift Cards’ to purchase from iTunes Store.
Hope it helps,
Thanks & Regards