Few collection of thoughts from my experience of design freelancing & pursuing design processes & doing design oriented business for living for last more than 4 years.
When somebody asks for Mockup before starting any paid & finalised project,
Following situations can be seen & felt by designer
- Client is unsure about prospect of project
- Client has unpractical approach towards project
- Client lack proper investment & money
- Client is hesitant about future of project
- It’s just real waste of time if you are not going to paid for it
- There is confusion in conversation of respective parties client & designer
- Time is blocked by unpaid Mockup design process
- Designer can’t take more interesting & paid work because he is occupied by just making Mockups
- Mockup has no value for showcasing in real world because people want what is more sellable content & design & finished product
Now you can understand why we don’t do Mockups for any clients or any prospective client.
Thanks & Regards