Here are few words about Design Job Interview preparation from my own experiences.
Here are my two earlier blog post that will allow you to prepare Resume & Portfolio
- How to write your Design Resume?
- Creating & Choosing Your First Design Portfolio Format & updating it over the years
Details of Preparation
- Prepare yourself for interview a day before on interview date
- Cycle through in your mind what are your capabilities, your professional goal in life etc.
- Go through your portfolio to see it is in perfect order for presentation
- Read your resume to see there is no spelling mistakes or something missing from it etc.
- Preparation can also start with having own domain & personal dedicated blog & portfolio website that showcase your work handsomely.
Preparing specific job related Resume
It’s not bad idea to have separate resume for different domains of Design dedicated to each i.e. If you work in this three domain called Web Design, Animation Film Design & Graphic Design then you can prepare three different resumes dedicated to each three domains.
Preparing specific job related Portfolio
If you have three types of resumes dedicated three different domains that can also go with three differently designed ‘Portfolio’ dedicated to three separate domain of design. e.g If you are going for post of Web Designer then surely you can show Web Design Portfolio & Web Design Resume to recruiter to tell him you have mastered the web technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ActionScript & even design tools like Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop etc.
Few Points to remember
- Keep paper printout of your resume with you
- Keep passport size photograph of you with you
- Bring true copies of Educational Qualification Certificates with you
- Bring true copy of Job Experience letter with you if you have any
- Bring recommendation letter or character certificate to interview
- Get well dressed
- ware nice leather shoes
- Read Job Description carefully before appearing for interview
- Be on time for Interview
- Ask for Interviewer’s business card for future reference
- Share your own business card
- Talk fluently mainly in english without any doubt or confusion
- Listen to the question carefully
- Don’t forget to say Thank You!
Do add few more points to list & prepare well for the interview, Best Luck…!!!
Thanks & Regards