Apple’s iCloud is for iPhone, iPad and Mac cloud data syncing platforms activated by default for every Apple ID on any Apple device. Apple iCloud was introduced by Apple after the failure of MobileMe cloud offerings for Apple iPhone, iPad and Mac.
In day-to-day life, it may happen that you may accidentally delete or lose your Apple Address Book contacts or Safari Bookmarks or Calender data. But there is a way to restore in the case of loss. You can go to iCloud.com to restore your missing data from an earlier version.
Once you restore old data with current data, the existing data will get replaced. The restoration process can be undone in case of any glitches.
Restore your contacts, bookmarks or calendars from an earlier version
- Sign in to iCloud.com.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the window, then select Data Recovery.
- Select Restore Contacts, Restore Bookmarks or Restore Calendars.
- Select Restore next to the date before you deleted the content.
- Select Restore to confirm. After the restore completes, you get a notification on iCloud.com and an email at the address on file with your Apple ID.
Points to keep in mind while proceeding with restoring the calendar to an earlier version
- Your sharing settings get erased. You can share the calendars again, or you can ask the owner to share them again.
- iCloud cancels and recreates all of your upcoming, scheduled events, then resends the invitations for you.
Undoing a restore
- Follow the steps described in ‘Restore your contacts, bookmarks or calendars from an earlier version’ from Steps 1 to 3.
- In Step 4 just ‘Select a restore date a date before you changed existing data’
- Step 5 is the same.
So, restoring old data and undoing restore is the same procedure depending upon your choice of the date you choose to replace existing data.
We can say the ‘Data Recovery’ mechanism of iCloud.com is ‘Time Machine’ app for the cloud.
I hope it helps to find peace in your mind…
Thanks & Regards